Surroundings & Tips
Discover the versatile surroundings of Scheveningen
Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Scheveningen, the spot where there is always happening something, it does not matter in which season you visit Scheveningen. Scheveningen has versatile surroundings with beautiful nature. You can make wonderful cycling and hiking tours. There are several beaches and forests surrounding this seaside town. For instance you can take a stroll along the boulevard or along the coastline, a dive in the sea or a wonderful cycling tour through the dunes. Shopping at the Palace Promenade is also among the possibilities.
After a short ride with the tram you will find yourself in the city centre of The Hague where you can enjoy a wonderful day of shopping. Visit the famous painting of the 'Meisje met de parel' at the Mauritshuis or walk through the Netherlands in one day at Madurodam. In short, there is so much to do in and around Scheveningen!
Nature and cultural tips
- Visit the beach at Scheveningen and Kijkduin
- Visit the museum 'Beelden aan Zee'
Museum and theme park tips
- Watch the beautiful fishes in the sea aquariums of SEALIFE
- Discover the Pier of Scheveningen
- Enjoy a spectacular show at AFAS Circustheater
- Discover the 'Meisje met de parel' at the Mauritshuis
- Watch breathtaking films at the dome shaped screen of the Omniversum
- Visit the Netherlands in minature at Madurodam
- New! Discover Lego Land
- Enjoy a walking tour with guide throught the old city centre of The Hague
- Rent a bike and visit nature reserve Meijendel in Wassenaar
- Shop at the Promenade across the street of the hotel
- Discover the shopping streets of The Hague; the Grote Markt and the Spui
- Visit the boutiques of the Denneweg and the Frederikstraat
- Climb to the top of the lighthouse in Scheveningen and combine it with a visit to the museum Muzee Scheveningen